Emergency Notification System
What is the Emergency Notification System?
The Emergency Notification System (powered by Everbridge); commonly referred to as "Reverse 9-1-1," is a tool used by 9-1-1 that can make rapid notifications to specific geographic areas. It is used to alert you to emergency situations that are a threat to life or property, or situations deemed dangerous by public safety officials. This may include, but is certainly not limited to man-made disasters, hazardous materials incidents, missing persons, crime, or neighborhood/business evacuation notifications.
You must register to receive these notifications. You can list up to five locations and up to eight points of contact. You will receive time-sensitive messages wherever you specify to include a phone call, email, and text message.
It is important to note that during an emergency you should use as many forms of communication as possible to stay informed. Stay tuned to news broadcasts, radio stations, social media websites, weather radios, etc. Do not put your safety at risk waiting for a phone call or notification to be told what to do. If at any time you feel that you are in danger you should take whatever action you feel is necessary to get yourself to safety.
The Everbridge App is available on Google Play, App Store, or everbridge.com/app. Receive alerts if you travel into the area of an active alert. Your mobile device will receive a push notification that includes a map of the affected area. Download the Everbridge App to:
- Add another channel of communication so you never miss an important alert
- Receive push-alerts anytime you travel into an area of an active incident
- See a map of messages affecting where you live, work, and travel
- Opt-in immediately and anonymously
Configuring the Everbridge App is easy:
- Download the Everbridge App from Google Play or the App Store
- Once installed, open and allow notifications
- Find organization or subscription, search "El Paso" or "Teller" and select "El Paso CO, County of - PF 240: El Paso-Teller County Public Alerts" and sign-in to your account
- To use the app without an account, click "Explore the Map"
- Allow Everbridge access to your location services by tapping "Allow" when asked to share location for public alerts
- Check alerts any time by touching the location marker icon labeled "Local"
Note: You will only receive alerts via the Everbridge App if you are in the area of an active notification. If you have questions please email email@example.com